About Table Tennis
Table tennis originates in Victorian England in the 18th century as a game played among the upper class as an after-dinner parlor game. It is also known as ping-pong. The game is played by two or four people standing at the two opposite ends of a rectangular table with a net in the middle and hitting a small lightweight ball back and forth with rackets.
The aim of the game is for players to allow the ball played towards them to bounce once at their side of the table and to return it bouncing at least once at their opponent’s side. A point is scored when a player fails to return a ball. The gameplay is very intensive and requires fast reaction and excellent physical condition.
Table Tennis Equipment
- Table – The table is 2,74 m long, 1.525 m wide with a height of 76 cm. It is covered with a continuous material with a uniform bounce of about 23 cm when a standard ball is dropped onto it from 30 cm and is usually dark in color. A net, 15.25 in height is dividing the table into two halves.
- Ball – Table tennis is played with a ball with a weight of 2.7 grams and a diameter of 40 mm. According to the game rules, the ball has to bounce up to 24-26 cm when is dropped from 30.5 cm onto the table.
- Racket – To hit the ball, players are equipped with a racket, covered with a rubber surface on one or two sides. It is made of laminated wood. While the official term is “racket”, in Britain “bat” is in common use.
Table Tennis Rules
The game is played by two players, one on each side of the table or in pairs of two, competing against each other. Players alternate in every two serves and the game continues until one of the opponents score 11 points. If a game is tied at 10-10, a player must win by two points. A single match consists of 5 or 7 games. Depending on the game system, a winner is those who won 3 or 4 games.
How To Bet on Table Tennis
Believe it or not, betting on table tennis may bring you really big money if you take your time and took the right strategic approach. We want to give you some brief ideas of what to do before betting on table tennis.
- Players Research – Table tennis has lots of similarities with tennis and as you can guess here there are many famous players you need to know about. These top players contest in the biggest leagues and tournaments, so learning their strengths and unique styles will be very helpful when betting on ping-pong.
- Find a Sportsbook – Finding the right place to bet is crucial. The value of your bet can increase significantly by just choosing a sportsbook with the best table tennis odds.
- Bet Types – There are many options in terms of bet markets as in the other sports. Let’s mention only some of them: placing bet on the total number of points scored during the game, betting on the number of sets played before a winner is determined, bets on tournaments in the future, or betting on live events.
Get The Best Sports Bonus Here
Bonuses at Lilibet Casino are always been very generous, the one for Sports is not an exception. Don’t hesitate to grab yours as soon as you register an account at Lilibet and make your sports betting even more exciting!