In 2021, there is more than one way to play Blackjack. The best part of playing at a live casino online is the sheer variety of games available – including blackjack. Among the most popular is Free Bet Blackjack. It’s the same basic blackjack but with a few bonus additions to increase your payout possibilities. But what is Free Bet Blackjack?
At Lilibet Casino, our best live casino experts break down how to play blackjack with free bets and go through the new additions in this exciting blackjack game.
Free Bet Blackjack Introduction
Free Bet Blackjack is a popular variation that has been played at Vegas casinos for years and is now available to play at a free bet casino online. First seen at the Golden Nugget, Las Vegas in 20212, Free Bet Blackjack quickly became a popular variation on the classic blackjack game.
At Lilibet Casino, this variation is offered by playing Free Bet Blackjack by Evolution Gaming.
Difference Between Blackjack and Free Bet Blackjack
The rules of free bet blackjack by Evolution Gaming are essentially the same as your typical blackjack game but with the addition of some unique free bets and side bets. The welcome addition is free double down bets on hands of 9, 10, and 11 that do not contain an ace. The second extra feature is free splitting on all pairs that aren’t 10s. That means you could split 9’s and receive a 9 and split once again for free.
As free bets are… well free… the blackjack game will offer the free bets to the player automatically if the hand qualifies, so players don’t need to be looking out for free bet opportunities. In addition to the free bet blackjack rules, there are also 4 side bets available to players – Any pair, Hot 3, Bust It, and 21 + 3. Unlike most other live blackjack table games, free bet blackjack uses the 6-card Charlie rule. This means if you build a hand of six cards without busting, you’ll automatically win.
One final difference is if the dealer happens to draw a 22, the payout is a push rather than a win for the blackjack table.
How To Play Free Bet Blackjack?
Like any other blackjack game, the round begins with a wager and then both the players and dealer will receive two cards. Side bets must also be placed before the round begins. Like any other blackjack table, the dealer’s last card is face down. Your options will be no different than any other blackjack game:
- Double Down
- Split, if available
Double down is available on any first two cards and will be a free bet if the total is 9, 10 or 11. Doubling down will see your bet doubled and one card is given only.
Side Bets Explained
There are four unique side bets in Free Bet Blackjack by Evolution Gaming, and they can result in some truly massive payouts if placed correctly in this popular 21 game.
- Hot3 – this is a bet on the total of the player’s initial 2 cards plus the value of the dealer’s upcard. It’s a wager on 3 cards and pays out if the total is 19, 20, or 21. A 19 is a payout of 1:1, 20 is 2:1. 21 pays out 4:1 and a suited 21 pays 20:1. Finally, if all three cards are 7’s, it’ll be a payout of 100:1.
- Any Pair – a wager on whether the initial draw will be a pair for the player. It’s an 8:1 payout unsuited and 25:1 if suited.
- 21 + 3 – another blackjack game side bet involving the three-card combination of the player’s hand plus the dealer’s upcard. This is a wager on creating a three-card poker hand such as a flush, straight or suited trip.
- Bust It – in this side bet, punters wager how many cards it’ll take for the dealer to bust and can pay up to 250:1.
Free Bet Blackjack Strategy
As a general rule, a blackjack basic strategy should be followed when you play blackjack free bet. The game isn’t any different other than free bets and some additional side bets, so your blackjack strategy shouldn’t differ. Another recommendation though is to accept every free bet offer you can get while you play Blackjack Free Bet.
Some basic Blackjack strategy we think is worth following in Free Bet Blackjack:
- When to Double – Basic blackjack strategy suggests you should always double down when a free bet is on offer and on a soft 16 against a dealer 6 or soft 17 against a 5 or 6.
- Hit me! – One should always hit on 5 – 8 when you play blackjack online. It’s also a good idea to hit on a hard 12 if the dealer has a 5 or 6. We’d also recommend hitting on a hard 13 against a 3, 4, 5, or 6.
- No more – Stand on a hard 17 or above. You are highly unlikely to do better and are more likely to bust with another card.
Free Bet Blackjack Payouts
You’re probably wondering about Free Bet Blackjack odds vs regular blackjack? The free bet blackjack RTP of 98.45% is slightly lower than usual and the typical blackjack payouts are the same as playing Live Blackjack by Evolution Gaming.
|Win Type||Max Payout|
|Any Pair Side Bet||25:1|
|21 + 3 Side Bet||100:1|
Online Free Bet Blackjack Casino
The best live dealer online casino featuring Free Bet Blackjack is Lilibet Casino. Besides fast withdrawals, a simple interface, and a comprehensive sportsbook, Lilibet Casino customers can explore a series of different blackjack games including Free Bet Blackjack, Live Blackjack, and Blackjack Platinum VIP.