Before each hand, the player must place a bet(s) within the allowed time. A timer indicates the number of betting seconds that remain. The minimum and maximum bets permitted in the game for each betting alternative are also presented on the sign to the right of the dealer.
If for any reason your connection is closed while the bet was placed, your bet wins will not be lost and you will win the prize.
Game-play continues until the cut card is dealt. The current round will be continued using the current shoe. Subsequently, the game is paused until a new shuffled shoe is brought to the table and Burning Cards Procedure is made (see relevant section).
Each shoe has 8 decks of cards.
BURNING CARDS PROCEDURE
Happens when a new shoe starts or when a dealer is being switched. A burned card is a playing card dealt from the top of a shoe, and discarded (“burned”), unseen by the players. The dealer draws the first card from the new shoe, the value of this card decides the amount of card that will be burned before the first use of that shoe.
The live dealer is responsible for dealing the cards in every hand. The dealer will initially deal two face-up cards to each Player and the Banker. The values of these two hands will be compared, after which a third card may be dealt to the Player, the Banker or both.
In Baccarat, an ace is worth 1, all face cards and tens are worth 0, and other cards (2-9) are worth their face values. If the cards in a hand add up to 10 or more, 10 is subtracted from the hand to give its final Baccarat point value. This means that 9 is the highest achievable value in Baccarat, and the hand closest to 9 wins. The best hand is thus a two-card hand worth 9, called a natural. The second-best hand is a natural 8.
THIRD CARD RULES
The dealer will sometimes deal a third card to the Player, the Banker, or both depending on their respective two-card hands. If either the Player or the Banker has a natural 8 or 9, neither receives a third card. This rule overrides any other third card rule.
- If the Player’s hand is 5 or less, the Player receives a third card (i.e. hits). Otherwise, the Player stands.
- If the Player stands and the Banker’s hand is 5 or less, the Banker hits.
- If the Player hits, the value of the Player’s third card and the value of the Banker’s two-card hand determines if the Banker hits as indicated in the chart below (H=hits, S=stands):
The player wins the round if his bet was placed on the hand closest to 9. In the event of a tie, all bets placed on the Player and Banker are returned in a “push”.
It is possible to give the Baccarat player additional betting opportunities in each round even if the player doesn’t place the main bet:
- Player Pair, Banker Pair side bets win if the first two cards form a pair, for example, a 5 of Spades and a 5 of Diamonds.
- Either Pair side bet wins if the first two cards on either the “Banker” or the “Player” hand (or both) form any pair on that hand.
- Perfect Pair side bet wins if the first two “Player” or “Banker” cards form a pair of the same suit, for example, a pair of 7 of Diamonds.
- Big side bet wins if the total number of cards dealt between “Player” and “Banker” is 5 or 6.
- Small side bet wins if the total number of cards dealt between “Player” and “Banker” is 4
SINGLE / MULTIPLAYER
The single Mode button will switch the layout to play solo with the dealer.
Multi-Mode button will switch the layout back to you seeing other players play and show off your skills
- A winning bet on the Banker pays 1 to 1 minus a 5% commission to the House
- A winning bet on the Player pays 1 to 1
- A winning bet on a Tie pays 8 to 1
- A winning bet on a Player pair pays 11 to 1
- A winning bet on a Banker pair pays 11 to 1
- A winning bet on a Perfect Pair pays 25 to 1
- A winning bet on an Either Pair pays 5 to 1
- A winning bet on Big pays 0.54: 1
- A winning bet on Small pays 1.5: 1
Get familiar with the rules of the most popular live casino games here:
If you want to be part of our team that wants to make Lilibet Casino the best gaming arena