Live Roulette Rules
The objective in playing live roulette is to predict the number on which the ball will land by placing one or more bets that cover that particular number. The wheel includes the numbers 1-36 plus a single 0 – there are even additional versions like American Roulette with an extra 00!
After betting time has expired, the ball is spun within the roulette wheel. The ball will eventually come to rest in one of the numbered pockets within the wheel. You win if you have placed a bet that covers that particular number.
Live Roulette Bet Types
In each round, the ball will land on a number between 0 and 36. There are many different types of bets in roulette; each covering one or up to 18 different numbers. The most potentially lucrative bet is a straight-up bet on a single number, which pays 35:1.
The player clicks on a chip of the desired denomination and then on the specific area of the roulette table where he/she wishes to place the chip—either within a defined square or on the line that covers the adjacent numbers desired.
The game makes it easy for players to place bets on traditional roulette number combinations. When players click the NEIGHBOR BETS button, they view a circular, racetrack-like betting area with number placements that mimic those on the roulette wheel. A click on any number on the track will place a bet on that number plus the two numbers immediately to the right and the left of it. A click on Tier, Orphelins, or Voisins du zero will place bets on all adjacent numbers on that particular third of the roulette wheel.
If for any reason your connection is closed while the bet was placed, your bet wins will not be lost and you will win the prize.
You can place many different kinds of bets on the Roulette table. Each type of bet covers a certain range of numbers, and each type has its own payout rate. Don’t worry! You can always chat to the live dealer about all the bet types too.
Bets that are made on the numbered space or on the lines between them are called Inside Bets, while the bets made on the special boxes below and to the left of the board are called Outside Bets.
- Straight Up – place your chip directly on any single number (including zero).
- Split Bet – place your chip on the line between any two numbers, either on the vertical or horizontal.
- Street Bet – place your chip at the end of any row of numbers. A street bet covers three numbers.
- Corner Bet – place your chip at the corner where four numbers meet. All four numbers are covered.
- Line Bet – place your chip at the end of two rows on the intersection between them. A line bet covers all the numbers in both rows, for a total of six numbers.
- Column Bet – place your chip in one of the boxes marked “2 to 1” at the end of the column that covers all 12 numbers in that column. The zero is not covered by any column bet.
- Dozen Bet – place your chip in one of the three boxes marked “1st 12”, “2nd 12” or “3rd 12” to cover the twelve numbers above it.
- Red/Black – place your chip on the Red or Black box to cover the 18 red or black numbers. The zero is not covered by these bets.
- Even/Odd – place your chip in one of these boxes to cover the 18 even or odd numbers. The zero is not covered by these bets.
- 1-18/19-36 – place your chip on either of these boxes to cover the first or latter 18 numbers. The zero is not covered by these bets.
Live Roulette Payouts
- Straight Up 35 : 1
- Split 17 : 1
- Street 11 : 1
- Corner 8 : 1
- Line 5 : 1
- Column 2 : 1
- Dozen 2 : 1
- Low/High 1 : 1
- Red/Black 1 : 1
- Even/Odd 1 : 1