One of the most popular games to play at top online casinos is poker. You may be wondering how to play poker and, thankfully, the game is relatively simple. Best of all, when playing at a live casino online, the dealers are very experienced and can advise on things such as hand rankings.
At Lilibet, we want all gamers to have an enjoyable experience. So, that’s why we have produced this handy cheat sheet on online casino poker hands and basic strategy.
Basic Poker Strategy Tips for Beginners
As soon as you’re happy with learning how to play poker, it’ll be time to head to the tables at top online casinos like Lilibet. To give new players a little helping hand, we’ve got a few poker tips for successful online gaming. Remember there is no poker strategy for guaranteed wins, but skillful players can certainly influence the outcome of a game of poker.
- Know when to fold them – never be afraid to fold when you’re just not sure. Calling too often and then losing will simply drain your bankroll faster. Just pay attention to round to see if you could have used your hand to win. Don’t fold and ignore, make sure you learn from folding a hand.
- Play in even games – obviously, top poker players will likely dominate any live casino game online but your new players you’ll need to be wearier of who’s at the table. If all the other players seem a little too good, you may find yourself being picked on and players will pick off your bankroll. Try and find tables that are closer to even.
- Be aggressive – be aggressive at the right time, that is. When you’ve built up the confidence to do so, learn to play quality hands aggressively. If you are dealt a great hand from the initial deal, start with a raise. Many new players are overly cautious with great hands and lose out in the eventual payout.
Poker Hands Rankings
When playing at top online casinos, you’ll find several unique rules within the different forms of poker and some hand rankings will either be slightly different or won’t exist – for example, you won’t find a Four of a Kind or a full house in Three Card Poker.
However, most of the most popular poker types for live online casino gaming, such as Texas Hold’em, involve 5 cards and follow the same basic poker ranking system.
- Royal Flush – the best possible poker hand. The Royal Flush is almost a guaranteed win. To hold a Royal Flush, the player must have an A, K, Q, J, 10 of the same suit.
- Straight Flush – much like the royal flush but without the need for the face cards. A straight flush is a poker hand made up of 5 consecutive cards of the same suit. For example, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 of Diamonds.
- Four of a Kind – the third best hand of all online poker hands. This is a 5-card hand that contains 4 cards of the same value – like a 4, 4, 4, 4, K or a J, J, J, J, 4.
- Full House – the next hand for poker games at a live casino online is the full house. A full house contains 3 cards of the same value and a pair of the same value. For example, 2, 2, J, J, J or 3, 3, 5, 5, 5.
- Flush – the flush is all about getting the same suit. A flush is a 5-card hand containing any valued cards of the same suit.
- Straight – a straight flush without the flush! A straight contains 5 consecutive cards of any suit.
- Three of a Kind – like four of a kind but only three! A 5-card hand that contains three cards of the same value and 2 that are unique. For example, 3, 3, 3, 6, 7 or J, J, J, 3, 9. Note that if you manage to add a pair to the three of a kind, you’ll nab a full house.
- Two Pair – a 5-card hand that contains two different pairs. For example, 2, 2, 6, 6, K or K, K, Q, Q, 3.
- Pair – one of the most common of all online casino poker hands. A hand containing a single pair and nothing else of note. For example, a 2, 2, K, 9, 8.
- High Card – the weakest of all online casino poker hands but you’ll still find yourself picking up the occasional win with it. The high card is the highest valued card in your hand when that hand cannot be made into a ranking hand. So, for example, in the hand of 10, 3, 7, 4, 9, the 10 would be the high card.
Poker Winning Hands
Of course, the next step after learning online casino poker hands is to learn how to win money too! The online casino poker hands above are ranked in order of strength. That means that the Royal Flush will beat all other hands. However, it can get a little more complicated when players have the same or similar hands.
A crucial part of learning how to win money at poker is knowing which hand is going to win. Here are a few common factors to remember when determining the best hand in a game of online poker. Don’t fret too much though. Live casino games online are all moderated and the dealer is highly experienced in determining the winning hands too.
- Two pairs – If two players both have a Two Pair hand, the player with the highest pair wins. It doesn’t matter if the other player’s pairs are higher valued together when compared to the winning player. The highest pair always rules.
- Full house – when multiple players produce a full house, something needs to determine which is best. In this case, it will be the best three of a kind from the full house.
- Flush – You may think having a flush with lots of high cards is great. Think again! Once more the highest high card wins the pot when comparing the flush hands of multiple players.
What Is the Best Online Poker Site to Play Today?
Scroll through the internet and you will find plenty of top online casinos offering poker games. However, the best online poker casino is Lilibet. With loads of different poker types and plenty of exciting online live casino games to play, Lilibet is the best of all betting websites for poker. It’s also handy that Lilibet offers a comprehensive sportsbook and a pretty tasty welcome bonus too!
For the ultimate online gaming experience, it has to be the best deposit bonus casino – Lilibet