It’s the most exciting part of any football game and especially thrilling in an English Premier League (EPL) match. There have been thousands of goals scored since the Premier Leagues’ inception in 1992 – over 14,000 scored if you consider its origins as the Football League that was founded in 1888.
Lilibet has the low-down on the Premier League top goal scorers and we even have some free football betting tips on this year’s top scorer for 2021/22.
Premier League History
Founded from the Football League that began in 1888, the English Premier League was officially formed in 1992 when 1st division teams decided to break away and accept a lucrative TV rights deal. Since then, the EPL has become the most-watched sports league in the world and arguably the most popular sports betting football league – in the UK alone it is estimated £1 billion is spent betting on football like the EPL.
With the immense increase in TV coverage in 1992 came major sports betting platforms that pioneered in-play sports betting and increased markets, rather than simple ante wagers on the winner. Now punters have football betting odds on a variety of markets which developed into more ways to bet on football today
Premier League Top Goal Scorers All Time
The premier league top goal scorers list is compiled of players from all over the world. The top 3 places are held by English footballers and have 655 goals between them. Throughout the years, football betting tips have included these amazing strikers with a knack for sticking the ball in the back of the net.
With 260 goals from 441 appearances, Alan Shearer is the All-Time Premier League top goal scorer. Shearer scored 112 goals for the Blackburn Rovers and 148 goals for Newcastle United. Playing between 1992 and 2006, Shearer also made 63 appearances for England and scored 30 goals for his national side.
An honorable mention must go to the Argentine striker, Sergio Aguero who is in 4th place with 184 goals from only 441 appearances. Currently playing for La Liga club Barcelona, Aguero spent 10 years in the Premier League playing for Manchester City. He left the club as its record highest goal scorer, alongside countless other club accolades. With the highest goals per minute of any player, Aguero would comfortably crack the top 2 with more appearances under his belt.
The top goal scorer still currently playing in the Premier League is English captain Harry Kane who is sitting on 166 goals from 250 appearances and, at only 28, has many years of football to play.
Top 5 Premier League Goal Scorers
- Alan Shearer – 260 goals from 441 appearances
- Wayne Rooney – 208 goals from 491 appearances
- Andy Cole – 187 goals from 414 appearances
- Sergio Aguero – 184 goals from 275 appearances
- Frank Lampard – 177 goals from 609 appearances
Premier League Fixtures and Predictions
The 2021/22 Premier League season is the 30th installment of England’s top-tier football competition. The season kicked off on the 13th of August and will end on the 22nd of May 2022. So far 60 EPL fixtures have been played and our experts at Lilibet have plenty of football betting tips and predictions for the remainder of the season.
- EPL winner – arguably, the premier league has become a little one-sided when it comes to competitors to the EPL title. Currently, at Lilibet, only 4 sides are being offered with odds under 100.00. At this stage, it is almost too close to call. We think Liverpool are the most likely winners for 2021/22. Striker Mohamed Salah is in fine form and Liverpool is currently undefeated – a claim that defending champions Manchester City cannot make.
- EPL top scorer – the Top spot is currently shared by three players who each have 5 goals. Among them are two big favorites in Salah and Jamie Vardy. Vardy had a strong season last year with 15 goals, but Salah only missed out on the top spot by one goal – that honor went to England skipper Harry Kane with 23 goals. We think Liverpool is going to build into a destructive season on the back of Mohamed Salah. So, our top sports betting pick for the top scorer is Mohamed Salah.
Premier League Odds
Lilibet provides competitive Premier League betting odds for a variety of markets. Punters can bet on Premier League futures on which team will win the league at the end of the season. If you like betting on football today, Lilibet has markets for every match with Premier League odds for match-winner, 1st half/2nd half, goals scored, handicap betting, and much more.
How & Where to Bet on Premier League Football?
Of all the betting sites that offer football betting odds, Lilibet must be the very best. Highly competitive odds, loads of markets, and in-play betting – all amazing features of the Lilibet sportsbook platform. At Lilibet, you can bet on loads of unique markets with the best Premier League odds and we’re always offering free football betting tips too.