The 120th installment of the top-tier Italian football league is underway. The Serie A schedule kicked off in August and punters have had plenty of exciting football to bet on. We, at Lilibet, have all your Serie A stats and schedule details covered – Let our experts explain the Serie A schedule for 2021/22 and provide a few crucial football betting tips.
Serie A Stats & Standings
Napoli is the current leader in the Serie A standings with 6 wins from 6 matches. AC Milan is a close 2nd on the Serie A table with 5 wins from their 6 matches. The Serie A standings are based on points. Teams are awarded 3 points for a win, one point for a draw, and no points for a loss. A top placing in the Serie A standings means more than just a solid season in Italy – the top four teams on the Serie A table at the end of the season earn an automatic qualification to the UEFA Champions League.
It’s been an exciting season so far. Here are some key stats from the start of the Serie A 2021/22 season.
- None from None – two sides so far have gone winless from 6 games. If you’re looking for football betting tips on sides that probably will be beaten that week, these are your best picks. Cagliari has lost 4 games and drawn 2 whilst Salernitana has lost 5 from 6 with a single draw.
- Unbeaten – so far 3 teams have gone unbeaten in Serie A matches for 2021. Checking the Serie A results, you’ll see that Napoli has won every game, AC Milan has 1 draw with 5 wins, while Inter Milan has 2 draws and 4 wins.
Serie A Top Scorers
One of the most popular markets in Serie A sports betting is the Serie A top scorers. Everyone loves a prolific goal scorer and there is such a thrill wagering on the very best in Serie A. But who are the Serie A top scorers so far?
Some sports betting pundits may be surprised to see that Serie A table leaders Napoli do not have a player in the top 3 – instead leading Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is in 6th place with 4 goals from 5 matches.
Top 3 Goal Scorers in Serie A 2021/22
- Ciro Immobile – the all-time leading goal scorer for Lazio, Immobile has many accolades in Serie A football such as most penalties scored in a single season and most goals in a season. Immobile was the Serie A top scorer in 2020. The Lazio striker is the current top goalscorer this season with 6 goals from 6 games.
- Edin Dzeko – this Bosnian striker has 5 goals from 6 matches for 3rd placed Inter Milan. This is his first season with Inter Milan following a departure from Roma this year.
- Dusan Vlahovic – this young striker signed with Fiorentina and the tender age of 18 and scored 21 goals last season. Vlahovic has scored 4 goals from his 6 appearances this year.
Serie A Schedule
There are 20 clubs competing in the Serie A schedule that runs from the 21st of August 2021 to the 22nd of May 2022. That means there are a total of 38 games for each team. In the Serie A schedule, each team plays each other team twice – once at home and the other game away.
So far, each team has only played 6 games and the Serie A results can be clearly seen in the Serie A standings. Punters can check the Serie A scores of their favorites matches within the sportsbook. The Live sportsbook is updated in real-time too!
Serie A Betting Tips to Maximise Your Winnings
You won’t find a Serie A punter short of football betting tips. We all fancy some insights into the beautiful game and we, at Lilibet, aren’t short of insights either. To help those who may be completely new to betting on football or Serie A in Italy, here are some top football betting tips.
- Average goals scored – there is some money to be made betting on the number of goals scored in a single match. The football betting odds for these markets are very high but it can be easier to pick than you think. Consider the strength of the two teams playing and then consider the average goals scored per match in the season so far. For example, in the season so far, the average is 3.23 goals per match.
- Handicap betting – check out our full guide for an in-depth guide to handicap betting but this type of betting takes the draw away from Serie A results and increases a punter’s chance of a winning bet.
- Try in-play betting – live betting is one of the most exciting ways to bet on football today. The odds are dynamic and change as the game wears on. This is particularly handy for those with a good knowledge of football and an ability to predict the Serie A scores of the 2nd half.
- Become an expert – learn all you can about football. The best way to be a successful football punter is to really understand football. Research Serie A results, learn about all the players and learn to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different teams.
Serie A Betting Odds
Serie A football betting odds cover a wide range of markets including Serie A futures. Bet on who will take home the Serie A trophy with ease at Lilibet. You can also bet on every single game on the Serie A schedule. Serie A games can also be added to accumulator bets to build even higher odds.
Where To Bet on Italy Serie A Matches and Win?
The best place to bet on Serie A football today is at Lilibet. Lilibet is a leading sportsbook and online casino featuring a live casino, global sportsbook, and some of the best football betting odds in the world. Head to Lilibet to see the Serie A schedule and to see if Serie A results have gone your way.